Parents information

Hello parents! Auxiliary Services designed this webpage in an effort to provide you with valuable information not only about employment with Auxiliary Services, but also other pertinent information you may find useful.

How does my son or daughter find work with Auxiliary Services?
Students need to complete a student employee application for each area they are interested in . In order to complete the application, students need to know their class schedule and list their availability for work on the application. Applications are available online on Applicant Pro

My son or daughter has been hired, what paperwork needs to be completed?
If this is the first time your son or daughter has been employed with Auxiliary Services, he/she will need to complete a tax packet which is provided by their manager. The packet includes both federal and state tax forms, as well as Form I-9. Additionally, these forms can be downloaded from our student employment website.

Federal and State Withholding: We cannot advise your son or daughter on whether to file exemption or claim allowances for federal and state withholding.  If they are unsure, we suggest they talk to you or a tax consultant.  We need completed tax forms in order to process a paycheck.

Form I-9: This is a government form to show that a person is eligible to work. All employees are required to complete this in full. Acceptable forms of identification are listed on the back of the form, with typical documents being a passport or a picture ID (such as a driver’s license) AND a social security card or birth certificate.

When will my son or daughter get paid?
If completed tax forms are received in the Accounting Office by 4 pm on the Friday following a completed pay period, students will be paid on the next available pay date. A list of the pay periods and pay dates is provided in the tax packet and are also listed on our student website.

Students can cash their checks at Community Bank N.A. located at 100 E. First St. Oswego. They will need to show their SUNY Oswego/photo identification.  Additionally, check cashing is available in the Campus Center. Students should contact 315.312.3073 for hours and fees.

Auxiliary Services also offers direct deposit of pay to an employee's financial institution upon completion of our direct deposit form. 

Further Questions?
Any questions pertaining to student employment with Auxiliary Services can be directed to the Student Payroll Coordinator
506 Culkin Hall
SUNY Oswego, Oswego, NY 13126
or email

Links to commonly asked about campus websites and services:

Department Tell me about it!
Athletics (Intercollegiate) Oswego offers some of the best academic and athletic support programs in Division III for its student-athletes. There are 24 intercollegiate teams.  
Phone: 315.312.3056
Billing Paying the bill, see "Student Accounts"
Birthday cakes see "Sweet Occasions"
Bus see "Transportation"
Campus Life Programs and events, services and support, commuter information. 
Phone: 315.312.2301
Cap and Gown Purchase Wearing the traditional academic gown and mortar board is required for participation in Commencement. The College Store has a large number of caps and gowns in various sizes available, and also offers an online service. 
Phone: 315.312.5900
Career Services Career counseling, assessment and advisement, on-campus job fairs, resume development and job search seminars and workshops, and graduate school research assistance. 
Phone: 315.312.2255
(student - Auxiliary Services)
Is there campus employment available? Auxiliary Services employs approximately 750 students during the fall and spring semesters. Find out how to apply, as well as information on necessary foms if you are hired.
Phone: 315.312.3669
Financial Aid Information on loans, grants (Pell/TAP/etc.), scholarships, campus employment (non-Auxiliary Services), and Federal Work Study. 
Phone: 315312.2248
Fitness Centers Looking to join a gym? There are two fitness centers located on campus and are operated through Residence Life & Housing. 
Phone: 315.312.2246
Flex Plan The Flex Plan is like having a debit card specifically for The College Book Store. You can add the cost of your textbooks to your tuition bill! Flex Plan balances continually roll to the next semester, or, if you like, you may request that your balance be refunded at the end of the semester. 
Phone: 315.312.2260
Graduation information Graduation is THE big day and you want it to be perfect! General information, parking, guest info, Torchlight Ceremony, attire, the Grad Finale, the television broadcast and more can be found on this site.
see "Financial Aid"
Gym membership see "Fitness Centers"
Health Center
(Health Services)
Health Services on campus provides medical and health services to the college's diverse population of students. 
Phone: 315.312.4100
Housing For information on room selection, opening and closing schedule, and fitness centers. Phone: 315.312.2246

What is the Health Insurance charge that shows on my bill?
What if my child already has insurance?
How do I waive the fee if my child has other insurance?
Phone: 315.312.2107

Insurance How do I provide my insurance company with proof my child is enrolled at SUNY Oswego?
Phone: 315.312.2136
Campus Recreation

These are for recreational sports, not intercollegiate. They provide students, faculty and staff with opportunities to participate in a wide variety of formal and informal, skilled and unskilled activities designed to promote health and wellness.
Phone: 315.312.3114

Meal Plans Does my child need to have a meal plan if s/he is living on campus? Yes, all resident students are required to have a meal plan. Auxiliary Services offers a variety of meal plans to meet the needs of the students.
Phone: 315.312.2588
Orientation Phone: 315.312.5522

Parking regulations and fees, guest parking, appealing a ticket, bus schedules, and campus parking map.
Phone: 315.312.3227

Laker Dining Dollars What are Laker Dining Dollars? It is a declining balance system (cash card) which is good in the Retail Dining and Catering Services a la carte units as well as the Resident Dining Centers.
Phone: 315.312.2588
Police see "University Police"
Pool Recreational pool located in Lee Hall. Available for use by students, faculty and staff. Phone: 315.312.3114

What services does the Registrar's Office provide? Principal services include transcripts, diplomas and professional certifications, evaluation of non-collegiate credits, registration process, and final graduation check for completion of degree requirements. Additionally, the can provide proof that a student is enrolled at SUNY Oswego.
Phone: 315.312.2136

(Craig D. Traub)
Only student employees of Auxiliary Services may qualify for these scholarships. Look for postings in the work locations during the fall semester.
Phone: 315.312.2107
(William R. Tucker)
In 1984, the William R. Tucker scholarships were established by the Auxiliary Services Board of Directors to encourage students who maintain good academic standing while making, or demonstrating potential to make outstanding contributions to the college community. It was named in honor of William R. Tucker, who served the Auxiliary Services Corporation in an exemplary fashion for 22 years.
Phone: 315.312.2107
The number and variety of awards and scholarships available to Oswego students are most impressive and encompass every discipline and major field of study available on this campus. More than 140 scholarships and awards are available to students at Oswego State, as well as award amounts.
Phone: 315.312.2248

Sports - (Intercollegiate)

Sports -

see "Athletics" for intercollegiate sports information.
Phone: 315.312.3056

or "Campus Recreation" for recreational sports.
Phone: 315.312.3114

Student Accounts

Tuition and fees, payment options, withdrawal and drop, and refunds.
Phone: 315.312.2225

Sweet Occasions Send a Basket of Goodies, Fresh Fruit Baskets, Balloon-o-grams, Gourmet Cookies or specialty cakes with your message on it.
Phone: 315.312.2992

Information on textbooks and many other programs offered by the College Store including:
Prepack Program, Buyback, Coursepacks, and Flex Plan.
Phone: 315.312.2897


To purchase tickets for SUNYAC hockey, concerts and bus charters. 
Phone: 315.312.3073

(Theatre Department)
The Theatre Department produces at least four major productions during the academic year. Tickets to the performances can be purchased through the Tyler Box Office.
Phone: 315.312.2141

Transcripts are available through the Registrar's Office.
Phone: 315.312.2136 for more information

Transportation Centro bus information for on and off campus.
University Police Responsible for security, emergency response and the detection and prevention of crime on campus.
Phone: 315.312.5555


We hope you find this page useful and welcome your comments and suggestions. Please feel free to email with your input.