Tax information

I was recently hired. Can I complete my tax forms online?

Forms can be submitted electronically using Hire Forms. Once hired you will get an email with a link to fill out the forms. PLEASE NOTE: In order for us to process a pay check, all forms must be completed and signed with proper identification to satisfy Form I-9.

Included in this section are links for the tax forms and instructions on completing them. Forms must be completed on Hire Forms.

Federal Income Tax-

PDF icon Federal income tax form (PDF)
IF you are a NEWLY hired student, YOU MUST COMPLETE THIS FORM.  AND, you MUST have a response on either line 5 or line 7.
  • Complete Step 1.
  • Complete Steps 2-4 ONLY if they apply to you; otherwise, skip to Step 5.
  • Complete Step 5.

NY State Income Tax-
IF you are a NEWLY hired student, YOU MUST COMPLETE FORM IT-2014 OR Form IT-2104E NOT BOTH. 

Form IT-2104 or Form IT-2104-E (PDF)

  • If claiming withholding, complete Form IT-2104: Employees Withholding Allowance Certificate.  NOTE:  if using this form you MUST have an answer under box 1.
  • If claiming exemption from taxes, complete Form IT-2104-E: Certificate of Exemption from Withholding. You must meet the criteria listed on lines 1, 2, and 3 of the form.

Employment eligibility verification: form I-9(PDF)

  • Complete Section 1.  Most common forms of identification are:

    List A: U.S. passport (must NOT be expired)
    List B  Driver's license/permit or School ID card AND  List C  Social Security card or Birth Certificate
    (See Form I-9 for the complete list of acceptable identification.)