Students walking in front of Shineman Center
Visit Us

The best way to experience our friendly, learner-centered community is to visit.

Students sitting next to Lake Ontario
Intro video

One video, 60 seconds, countless reasons to consider SUNY Oswego.

Three students walk across campus
Get involved

Explore our nearly 200 clubs and organizations that can forge connections and create opportunities.

Graduates pose during Reunion
Get ready for reunion

Join us for the biggest alumni party of the year, June 8 to 11!

Nighttime view of Sheldon Hall clocktower
Oswego rising

Lakeshore college continues climb in ratings, reviews.

You are here

Transfer equivalency information

View SUNY Oswego's Transfer Course Guide.

Approved SUNY GenEd courses can be found using the "Approved SUNY-GER Course Dashboards" on the SUNY Student Mobility Site.

If you are looking for an approved Foreign Language General Education course, make sure the course is equivalent to Oswego’s foreign language level 102. Oswego’s foreign language requirement is more rigorous than SUNY’s. The only exceptions to this rule are students who have an articulation agreement due to an approved SUNY two-year degree; foreign language at the 101 level is required in those cases. The Registrar's Office MUST have an official transcript on file showing the posted degree.

If you are looking for an approved fine and performing arts General Education course, make sure the course(s) add up to a minimum of three credits. Some courses meet the requirement but may only be worth one or two credits, so more than one course may be necessary.

If a course is listed on either of these two sites, and you are transferring the course back to Oswego, you will need to complete an off-campus study approval form, but it will only require your signature and your advisor’s signature. If you have any questions regarding either of these websites or the procedure for off-campus study approval, please contact the Registrar's Office at 315.312.2180.