Readmission process

General information

Matriculated Undergraduates who have missed a semester (or more) of study at Oswego must complete the Application for Readmission Form (link below). Once your form is received and processed, you will be sent further information on advisement and registration.

Application for Readmission Form for matriculated (degree-seeking) Undergraduates (aka "Readmit Form") 


Students must submit official transcripts reflecting subsequent enrollment at other institutions since leaving Oswego. If not already on file, students may also need to submit additional/previous postsecondary transcripts to ensure a complete and accurate accounting of their higher education coursework.

If your prior institution offers secure electronic delivery of official transcripts, order delivery to

For postal mail delivery, deliver to
SUNY Oswego
Registrar’s Office
301 Culkin Hall
Oswego NY 13126

Registration information

When you receive notice of an approved readmit request it will identify an advisement contact. You will need to speak with them and fulfill advisement requirements in order to get an alternate ("second") PIN. You will need this in order to register in myOswego. If your advisor did not give you an alternate PIN, please contact the department of your major.

Readmitted students may begin to register after they have been advised. Registration dates are available online. Individual registration times can be found using the "Check Your Registration Status" link on the Registration tab of myOswego. During winter and summer, some advisors will be available to you only on a limited basis. Contact the department of your major to determine your advisement options. Advisement may be available over the phone.

Things to consider

Students are readmitted to only ONE major; if you were formerly a double major, you will need to add the second major when you return.

If you change your major during readmission, you will want to review major requirements in the catalog and assess your progress in Degree Works. Here are some resources if you need to get familiar with Degree Works or need a refresher. A Degree Works audit may not be immediately available to view if you have been away for an extended period.

If you have been away from Oswego for two or more years, you will be readmitted under a new catalog year reflecting current requirements. Be sure you identify and understand any new/different requirements.

Make appropriate arrangements to transfer in coursework you may have taken elsewhere while you were away.

Application for Readmission Form for matriculated (degree-seeking) Undergraduates (aka "Readmit Form") 

Readmission instructions for Graduate students: Graduate students can complete the request for readmission in myOswego. Students should login to myOswego, then select Registration, and click Graduate Readmission. This should automatically reactivate the student's account for registration. Inquiries about this process should be directed to