- Time Conflict - There are two or more courses overlapping in time. The conflict is between the one listed in the error section and the shaded CRN.
- Link - Courses that must be taken in the same semester. LINK ERROR: (Code) Required
- Co req - Courses that must be taken in same semester. CORQ - Courses needed REQ
- Closed - The course is at maximum capacity.
- Major - These courses have been restricted to specific majors/minors.
- Pre Req - requirements that must be completed prior to a course being taken. Prerequisites for courses are listed in the online college catalogs.
- College - These courses have been restricted to students in specific School/College. All graduate courses have the code of Graduate College placed on them. If you are an undergraduate trying to register for a graduate course, written permission from the Graduate Office and the instructor is required on a Combined Enrollment Form.
- Class - Students are restricted by their class. This is determined by the number of hours completed. Class is broken down by semester, for example, first-semester sophomore.
- Level - Students are restricted by level, these include graduate/undergraduate and matriculated/non-matriculated.
- Mutually Exclusive - the course can not be taken because you have taken the course that is listed.
- Approval Codes
- First-year Coordinator approval - these courses are reserved for incoming new students.
- Instructor's Signature - permission of instructor is needed.
- Dean's approval - Dean of corresponding school's permission is needed.
- Department approval - permission from the department that offers the course is needed (example: BRC would be Communications Studies Department)
- OLS advisor approval -courses reserved for students who are advised through the Office of Learning Services.
- Honors program advisor - these courses are reserved for students in the Oswego Honors Program.
- Division of Extended Learning - permission from the Extended Learning office is needed.
- Waitlist - This means the department that is offering the course has started a waitlist. Students should call the department to be added to the list.
- International Education approval - registration is done through the Office of International Education and Programs.
Here is a sample from course listings in myOswego. This is a typical course we teach each semester meeting in
the classroom twice a week. The number 820 that appears after ACC 201 is the section code:
10018 ACC 201 820 1 3.000 Principles of Accounting I TR 12:45 pm-02:05 pm
In the list below are explanations of section codes that have restricted registration:
E - example 82E - These courses are reserved for students in the Evening Degree Programs.
S - example 82S - These courses are reserved for students advised through the Office of Learning Services.
F - example 82F - These courses are reserved for incoming freshman.
H - example 82H - These courses are reserved for students in the Honors Program.
The following are section codes for online courses:
ON - example ON1 - These are courses taught entirely online.
OY - example OY1 - These are courses taught entirely online but also have specified times to meet online.
HY - example HY1 - These are courses that have a component of the course online but have reduced in-class
seat time (e.g., fewer in-class meeting times)
"OFC" in the room field stands for off-campus site. Please refer to the course notes found by clicking on the CRN for the specific location. If there are not any notes, information on the location can be found by contacting the department that is offering the course.