Students walking in front of Shineman Center
Visit Us

The best way to experience our friendly, learner-centered community is to visit.

Students sitting next to Lake Ontario
Intro video

One video, 60 seconds, countless reasons to consider SUNY Oswego.

Three students walk across campus
Get involved

Explore our nearly 200 clubs and organizations that can forge connections and create opportunities.

Graduates pose during Reunion
Get ready for reunion

Join us for the biggest alumni party of the year, June 8 to 11!

Nighttime view of Sheldon Hall clocktower
Oswego rising

Lakeshore college continues climb in ratings, reviews.

You are here


The Apostille process authenticates the legality of documents exchanged between participating nations.  Students and alumni traveling overseas for work may be asked to provide diplomas and/or transcripts through this process.

Materials requested for the Apostille process will be authenticated by the Oswego County Clerk and delivered to the requestor. It is the requestor's responsibility to complete the process by submitting materials to the NYS Department of State ( If  your country does not accept authentication by a U.S. State (list of participating countries), further authentication by the U.S. Department of State may also be required.

Diplomas - authenticated duplicate diplomas can be ordered from our Replacement / Duplicate Diploma Ordering page. Be sure to select the "Apostille" option.

Transcripts - authenticated transcripts can be ordered online using TranscriptsPlus. Simply select the "Regular Request - Apostille Transcript" option on the online order form and select "Myself" as the recipient. The total cost for each transcript processed for Apostille and delivered via US postal service is $17. Allow up to 2 weeks for processing after the receipt of signed authorization form.

If you need to request both a diploma and a transcript for Apostille, or if you have additional questions, please call us at (315) 312-2275.