To apply, follow the link and click the "Apply Now" button at the top of the scholarship page's brochure.
This scholarship is open to all Oswego students interested in studying for a semester at select Australian, Singaporean, or New Zealand universities.
In memory of Colleen Brunner, an Oswego student who perished in the crash of Pan Am Flight 103 over Scotland in December 1988, this award was established to assist students with financial need to participate in the university's study abroad program.
Mr. Peter McCarthy (1982 Oswego graduate) has established the Daniel McCarthy Scholarship in honor of his brother, Daniel who was lost on December 21, 1988 in the Pan-Am Flight 103 Lockerbie air disaster. Daniel will be forever remembered through this scholarship which gives Oswego students opportunities for studying abroad.
The Diversity Abroad Honors Scholarship Program (DAHSP) recognizes the valuable benefit that SUNY's international education programs provide. ODEI encourage campuses to nominate students who might not otherwise be able to study abroad for the Diversity Abroad Honors Scholarship.
These scholarships are awarded to students who need financial assistance to study abroad. Awards are made on the basis of financial need and academic excellence. Students must be Oswego students studying overseas on an Oswego program. Preference will be given to those students who never have traveled internationally.
This need-based scholarship was created and funded by the President/CEO of CAPA International Education, John J. Christian (Oswego, '87). This scholarship aims to offer students, who otherwise would not be able, the opportunity to study abroad at the CAPA London or CAPA Shanghai locations.
This scholarship was created to aid a Communication major studying abroad. Applicants must be a junior or senior Oswego student studying overseas on an Oswego program for any duration of time.
This award was established by Andrew Zalkin, an alumni of SUNY Oswego (1976) and his family to honor the memory of their son Michael. This scholarship is awarded to Oswego students in good academic standing participating in a semester-length program.
This program allows students to receive scholarship funds for select programs in Latin America and Spain. Click for more details and to apply.
This award was established by friends and family to honor the memory of Thomas (Jake) Jacobsen '77 (d.2000), who died while hiking in Grenada. Jake will always be remembered for his kindness and compassion towards others, love of travel, adventure, and Oswego. This scholarship will give an Oswego student who demonstrates humanitarian interests and achievements the opportunity to participate in the college's Study Abroad Program.
The Department of Modern Languages and Literature is now offering students awards to make it easier to study/work abroad. The Global Experience Travel Grant from Oswego (GETGO) awards will be granted to students who apply and are fully qualified for an entire year, semester, summer or quarter course abroad. For more information or to apply, please contact the Modern Languages Department in person at 245 Campus Center or at 315.312.2196
Also, some departments around campus offer scholarships to their major or minor students for study abroad. Contact your department's office for possible scholarship opportunities and application procedures.
- Benjamin A. Gilman International - This scholarship provides awards for U.S. undergraduate students who are receiving Federal Pell Grant funding at a two-year or four-year college or university to participate in study abroad programs worldwide.
- Cultural Vistas Fellowship - The Cultural Vistas Fellowship is an 8-week summer internship program that gives undergraduate students who have not yet participated in a formal study or internship abroad program the opportunity to gain practical work experience in Argentina, Germany or India. The Cultural Vistas Fellowship is open to students in all fields who can demonstrate their interest in or commitment to advancing their career goals, developing global competencies, and experiencing life in another culture.
- David L. Boren Scholarships - Boren Scholarships and Fellowships provide unique funding opportunities for U.S. undergraduate and graduate students to add an important international and language component to their educations. We focus on geographic areas, languages, and fields of study that are critical to U.S. national security, broadly defined, and underrepresented in study abroad.
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society Grant - Phi Kappa Phi Study Abroad Grants are designed to help support undergraduates as they seek knowledge and experience in their academic fields by studying abroad. Forty-five $1,000 grants are awarded each year.
- Institute for International Education - This is a database of listings for study abroad funding. Students may search for opportunities by host country region, subject of student, etc.
- Delta Phi Alpha offers several scholarships to recognize high-achieving Delta Phi Alpha undergraduate students.
- The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) - DAAD New York is the representative office for North America and we offer a wide range of funding opportunities for students, faculty, administrators, and staff of higher education institutions located in the United States, Canada and their territories.
- GoOverseas and Education Ireland - have teamed up to give not one but TWO $15,000 USD scholarships - one for an undergraduate semester and one for a full year master's degree program.
- Bridging Scholarships for Study Abroad in Japan - The US-Japan Bridging Foundation awards scholarships to US undergraduate students to study for one semester or academic year in Japan. The Foundation aims to expand the opportunities for study abroad in Japan to help prepare America's young people to assume future global leadership roles.
- Generation Study Abroad Excellence and Travel Awards - Education New Zealand is supporting Generation Study Abroad students with three excellence and travel awards.
- TCA Study Abroad in Turkey Scholarships - The Turkish Coalition of America awards up to 100 scholarships per year for African American, Hispanic American and Native American students. These scholarships are awarded to eligible undergraduate and graduate students who have been accepted to a university in Turkey or in the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (TRNC)
- CAPA Scholarships - CAPA offers a variety of scholarships, grants, and funds for students attending semester or summer programs. These scholarships can be applied to any CAPA Program (Buenos Aires, Dublin, Florence, London, Shanghai, or Sydney) and will be deducted off of the program invoice from SUNY Oswego.
- Freeman Awards for Study in Asia - Created to assist U.S. students with demonstrated financial need and limited prior experience in East and Southeast Asia, Freeman-ASIA will fund approximately 400 students over the next two academic years, with awards ranging from $3,000 per student for summer study and $5,000 per semester, to a maximum of $7,000 for a full year abroad. Students may apply online starting February 1st for awards to study abroad beginning in summer 2016. The Freeman Foundation’s generous support for the relaunch of Freeman-ASIA builds on prior grants to the Institute of International Education (IIE) that funded more than 4,500 American undergraduates in Asia from 2001 to 2014.