Policies & How-To Guides


How-To Guides:

  • My research/creative/scholarly project involves independent contractors. What is the process for getting them paid and for acquiring access to campus facilities and equipment?
  • What steps do you take when you want to apply for an external grant?
  • How do I interpret an APT/MAS Report, and what other monthly report options are available?
  • What steps are taken when your sponsored program/contract includes support for scholarships?
  • What is an effort report? How and when do I certify them?
  • Need to register for ORCID? SUNY Office of Library Services (OLIS), in partnership with the Office of Research, Innovation and Economic Development (OREID), has created an ORCID website where you can learn more about ORCID and how to register. 

Research Foundation for SUNY Handbooks:

Compliance and Ethics:

A new Speak Up RF webpage will launch on 12.31.2023. Until that time, please continue to access the current hotline.

The RF Office of Compliance Services has a new hotline for reporting compliance and ethics concerns – the “Speak Up RF – Ethics Hotline”. The newly named hotline will replace the current RF Ethics Hotline at the end of the year and will provide enhanced functionality.

The new Speak Up RF hotline will have increased options for reporting fraud, waste, and misconduct. It preserves the option for complete anonymity while allowing an anonymous reporter to communicate with the investigative team, and can provide case updates to the reporter. This new functionality enhances communication, transparency, and supports proper and thorough review of anonymous complaints.

To access the Speak Up RF – Ethics Hotline to report or raise any concerns about potential fraud, waste, abuse, violation of law, rule, regulation or policy or any workplace harassment or discrimination. 

As always, should you have any questions please contact us at rfcompliance@rfsuny.org.

Last Updated: Thursday, March 14, 2024 - 12:36pm