Students walking in front of Shineman Center
Visit Us

The best way to experience our friendly, learner-centered community is to visit.

Students sitting next to Lake Ontario
Intro video

One video, 60 seconds, countless reasons to consider SUNY Oswego.

Three students walk across campus
Get involved

Explore our nearly 200 clubs and organizations that can forge connections and create opportunities.

Graduates pose during Reunion
Get ready for reunion

Join us for the biggest alumni party of the year, June 8 to 11!

Nighttime view of Sheldon Hall clocktower
Oswego rising

Lakeshore college continues climb in ratings, reviews.

You are here

School of Education buildingCoursework
Did you know that as an education student, you can still study abroad? Education students can:

  • do a semester abroad prior to their block scheduling starting (if applicable),
  • take summer courses abroad, and
  • do one of their student teaching placements abroad.

Explore Overseas Student Teaching Options

Student teaching
In addition to semester or summer options, Oswego Education students have the opportunity to participate in student teaching overseas.   Students can do either their first or second placement overseas (pending approval from the Education Department) and get a unique cultural experience while fulfilling their education degree requirements. Please note: student teaching placements are only open to SUNY Oswego students.

Course offerings by major or minor
Below are links to our programs that offer courses in specific subject areas.  Note: Students are NOT limited to taking courses in their major or minor while overseas.

Education (includes Childhood and Adolescent)Physical education
Technology educationTechnology management
TESOL (teaching English to speakers of other languages)Vocational teacher preparation
Wellness management 
Search Other Course Offerings

Advisement and course approval
If you are interested in taking Education courses while abroad, it is good to start this conversation with your advisor. You may also contact a faculty liason for your major or minor department.

Students must receive approval of their courses by their respective major or minor advisor using the Course Approval Form (PDF).  Non-Oswego students may use their home campus' equivalent.