Students walking in front of Shineman Center
Visit Us

The best way to experience our friendly, learner-centered community is to visit.

Students sitting next to Lake Ontario
Intro video

One video, 60 seconds, countless reasons to consider SUNY Oswego.

Three students walk across campus
Get involved

Explore our nearly 200 clubs and organizations that can forge connections and create opportunities.

Graduates pose during Reunion
Get ready for reunion

Join us for the biggest alumni party of the year, June 8 to 11!

Nighttime view of Sheldon Hall clocktower
Oswego rising

Lakeshore college continues climb in ratings, reviews.

You are here

Lanigan Hall

More than half of the SUNY Oswego study abroad programs have course options for SCMA students. Participants can do SCMA courses:

  • in English in English speaking countries,

  • in English in non-English speaking countries, and

  • in the host country language.

Explore Overseas Internship Options

In addition, SCMA students have the opportunity to participate in internships while overseas. These internships are specific to their major and provide real world, hands-on experience to an already life-changing opportunity.

Course offerings by major or minor
Below are links to our programs that offer courses in specific subject areas.  Note: Students are NOT limited to taking courses in their major or minor while overseas.

ArtArt history
Broadcasting and mass communicationCinema and screen studies
Communication and social interaction Graphic design  
Journalism Music
Public relations Studio art 
Search Other Course Offerings

Advisement and Course Approval
If you are interested in taking SCMA courses while abroad, it is good to start this conversation with your advisor. You may also contact a faculty liason for your major or minor department.

Students must receive approval of their courses by their respective major or minor advisor using the Course Approval Form (.pdf).  Non-Oswego students may use their home campus' equivalent.