As you plan your event, remember that the Event Management Office has adopted a clearinghouse approach to allocating finite space and resources wisely. Providing support for the planning and implementation of events and activities is critical to meeting the curricular and co-curricular needs of our campus community. We will assist every event sponsor by providing valuable information and coordination, including:
- space availability
- setup and arrangement of furniture and other equipment
- events already scheduled that could detract from an event being planned
- inter- and intra-event coordination
- staff availability
- catering and food service
- audio/visual equipment availability and setup
- custodial and cleaning services
- electrical, telephone and networking needs
- police, parking and traffic control
- ADA and other accessibility considerations
- inter-departmental communication
- inclement weather contingencies
- fire safety, liability, and other risk management considerations.
To aid the campus community in its event planning efforts, the Event Management staff has assembled our top 8 tips for planning a successful event.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us or just stop by. Happy planning!