Current students - Change of major
Current Oswego students wanting to change their major to a major in the School of Business, should make requests via the Business Advisement Center (BASAC), 230 Rich Hall. Applicants changing their majors must be in good standing, i.e., having a GPA at Oswego of 2.0 or higher, or be in their first semester as a student at Oswego.

Off-campus transfer
The School of Business welcomes transfer students from two-year programs. Of our around 1,650 full-time undergraduate students, approximately 30 to 40 percent transferred from two-year programs.

We make transferring easy. If you are a student in a New York State community college planning to transfer to our School of Business, you would work with our college's Transfer Services Office. This site hosts a listing of transfer courses from two and four-year colleges and their equivalent courses Oswego, showing exactly where your individual courses will fit into a program that you are interested in. 

Our goal for transfer students is graduation in two years. However, that goal depends on the courses you transfer in, and whether you have received a degree (i.e., AA, AS, or AAS), from your two-year college. SUNY Oswego accepts a maximum of 60 credits from a two-year college; an additional 30 may be transferred in from a four-year college. However, you must complete at least half your major and cognate requirements at Oswego to earn a degree from Oswego. If you have any questions or need more information on the School of Business, please contact our Business Advisement Dept. (BASAC) at