Students benefit from classroom assignments, on-campus work opportunities and membership in professional organizations. These professional organizations are student-operated, faculty advised, and provide avenues to interact with and gain experience from professional groups within the business community.
- Accounting Society
- American Marketing Association, AMA
- Beta Alpha Psi: International scholastic and professional organization
- Beta Gamma Sigma, Premier international honor society of AACSB-accredited business programs
- Business Management Club, BMC
- Entrepreneurial Action by University Students, Enactus (formerly SIFE - Students in Free Enterprise)
- Financial Management Association, FMA
- Investment Club: For students interested in finance and investment
- National Association of Black Accountants, NABA
- Phi Beta Lambda: National honor society for future business leaders - Pictures from 2016 Phi Beta Lambda New York State Leadership Conference have been posted!
- Student Advisory Council, SAC
- The Society for Human Resource Management, SHRM
- Women in Business
Officers of the student organizations can email email@example.com with organization events for promotion on Facebook, Twitter or the plasma screen TVs in Rich Hall.
Co-sponsored by the School of Business and Oswego Alumni Association, the Alumni Symposium brings accomplished alumni back to campus each year to interact with current students. The objective is for alumni to share information about their respective experiences, both in college and in the work force.
Alumni speak in classes on topics such as college activities, networking, landing the first job, excelling in an organization, job search strategies and current issues in the business world. We attempt to place alumni in classes appropriate to their expertise. Students also have opportunities to receive additional mentoring, such as a resume critique or job search strategy through one-on-one appointments with alumni.
2013 alumni participants
- Douglas Cypes '81: Vice President - USI Insurance Services
- Charles Hubbard '70: Regional Sales Manager - Davis Standard LLC - Black Clawson
- Sarah Kane '08: Principal Account Clerk - Office of Employment and Training
- Jason Lupo '09: Operations Management - Target
- Diane Marcus '72: Owner - Essential Business Etiquette
- Erison Rodriguez '05: Regional Sales and Marketing Director - ProAct, Inc. (Kinney Drugs)
- Richard Settembre '70: President - Way Cool Product
- Tom Varian '98: President/CEO - Riva Payments, Inc.
- Kate Wilcox '11: Client Services Coordinator - Manning & Napier Advisors
Professionalism as a specific goal is a necessary and desired objective for all business students. It relates to a high level of commitment in attaining personal and professional goals, concern for completion of academic and business tasks at hand, and to well-developed interpersonal relations with people in the workplace.