School of Business
The AACSB accredited School of Business offers a range of undergraduate programs, several interdisciplinary programs, an MBA and combined five-year BS/MBA and BS/masters of programs to approximately 1,650 undergraduate students and 200 graduate students. Housed in renovated Rich Hall, our classes provide practical skills and project-based learning to complement theory, with a strong and successful alumni network that can help you during and after your college years. Graduate students have the option of taking classes online or at the Metro Center branch campus in downtown Syracuse.
With our growing enrollments, we work to expand international experiences for students, to reach out to part-time graduate students, and to be more fully engaged in regional economic development. Graduates of Oswego's business programs are highly successful with careers ranging from the corporate sector to non-profit/government agencies to entrepreneurial enterprises.
A talented and experienced team of faculty and administrative staff helps shape and guide an outstanding experience for our students. The Center for Accounting Research and Education, as well as the Human Resource Management Center are among the special features of our school.
For a virtual tour of the campus and to browse photos of Rich Hall please click here.
If you're new to campus or the business programs, check out our laptop recommendation (PDF).
In the News:
• The Office of Communications and Marketing is pleased to unveil the college’s new NEWS website. Created to enhance communications with students, faculty and staff on campus as well as our friends, partners, alumni and prospective students and families from around the globe, Oswego.edu/News now offers an online source of SUNY Oswego stories, videos and media mentions as they happen.
• Congratulations to Dr. Ding Zhang, Professor, Operations Management. Dr. Zhang is a coauthor of the winning paper of the IMA Journal of Management Mathematics Best Paper Prize 2016! To read paper click here.
• "SUNY Oswego’s online MBA tied for 27th among online master of business administration programs nationally—the highest of any institution in the state, according to U.S. News’ 2017 “Best Online Degree Programs: MBA” rankings published Jan. 10." For full story from SUNY Oswego News and Events click here.
• "SUNY Oswego’s chapter of Enactus, a student-run organization in the School of Business committed to using entrepreneurial action to enable human progress, recently bought coats, hats and gloves for 22 local children in need." For full story from SUNY Oswego News and Events click here.
• Join the School of Business for a special presentation! Visiting Scholar Licao Dai will be presenting on Study on Human Errors in Digital Control Systems of a Nuclear Power Plant. Presentation will be held Monday November 28th, 12:40p - 1:35pm in Rich 221.
• Heather Losi, a visiting assistant professor in the School of Business, presented at the 8th Annual Women TIES Retreat. Her presentation topic was "Evolve - Adopting an Athletic Mindset to Improve Your Business." For further information click here.
•Registration for SPRING 2017 will begin on Monday, October 31, 2016. Now is the time to schedule an advisement appointment with BASAC or your Faculty Adviser. The following students need a second pin number to register and will not receive a pin until you meet with BASAC or your adviser:
First Semester Transfer Students
First Semester Freshmen
First Semester Juniors with 57-72
completed credit hours
***In progress credit hours will NOT count towards registration eligibility***
To see your specific registration start time and day please log on to MyOswego. Once signed in, select Registration, then select Check Your Registration Status, lastly select Spring 2017 term.