School of Business
The AACSB accredited School of Business offers a range of undergraduate programs, several interdisciplinary programs, an MBA and combined five-year BS/MBA and BS/masters of programs to approximately 1,650 undergraduate students and 200 graduate students. Housed in renovated Rich Hall, our classes provide practical skills and project-based learning to complement theory, with a strong and successful alumni network that can help you during and after your college years. Graduate students have the option of taking classes online or at the Metro Center branch campus in downtown Syracuse.
With our growing enrollments, we work to expand international experiences for students, to reach out to part-time graduate students, and to be more fully engaged in regional economic development. Graduates of Oswego's business programs are highly successful with careers ranging from the corporate sector to non-profit/government agencies to entrepreneurial enterprises.
A talented and experienced team of faculty and administrative staff helps shape and guide an outstanding experience for our students. The Center for Accounting Research and Education, as well as the Human Resource Management Center are among the special features of our school.
For a virtual tour of the campus and to browse photos of Rich Hall please click here.
If you're new to campus or the business programs, check out our laptop recommendation (PDF).
In the News:
• Join the School of Business for a special presentation! Visiting Scholar Licao Dai will be presenting on Study on Human Errors in Digital Control Systems of a Nuclear Power Plant. Presentation will be held Monday November 28th, 12:40p - 1:35pm in Rich 221.
• Heather Losi, a visiting assistant professor in the School of Business, presented at the 8th Annual Women TIES Retreat. Her presentation topic was "Evolve - Adopting an Athletic Mindset to Improve Your Business." For further information check out http://www.oswego.edu/news/index.php/campusupdate/story/people_in_action...
•Registration for SPRING 2017 will begin on Monday, October 31, 2016. Now is the time to schedule an advisement appointment with BASAC or your Faculty Adviser. The following students need a second pin number to register and will not receive a pin until you meet with BASAC or your adviser:
First Semester Transfer Students
First Semester Freshmen
First Semester Juniors with 57-72
completed credit hours
***In progress credit hours will NOT count towards registration eligibility***
To see your specific registration start time and day please log on to MyOswego. Once signed in, select Registration, then select Check Your Registration Status, lastly select Spring 2017 term.
• Following the October 14th Panel Discussion, students will have a chance to speak to alumni regarding career paths and the transition from college to the workplace in Breakout Sessions!
• On Friday October 14, 2016, students and faculty are invited to a Panel Discussion on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Business. It will be held in Sheldon Hall Ballroom from 1:45pm-3:00pm. The discussion is moderated by Dr. Jerald Woolfolk and includes fellow panel members Harry Bronson '82, Melanie Littlejohn, Jennifer Shorpshire '86, and Dennis Shuler '78. This event is hosted by SUNY Oswego and The Oswego Alumni Association, Inc.
• Thursday, September 29th-October 1st, School of Business students Penda Diop, Alexis Salkey, Destiney Day, Deandrea Mitchell, Ulilioghene Agunu, Magic Washington, Morgan arcus, Manny Boaten and Francesca Michel traveled to Pittsburgh, PA to attend NABA Eastern Regional Student Conference. This conference included two and one-half days of workshops, seminars and interview sessions, all designed to better prepare minority students for careers in accounting and financial management disciplines.
• The online graduation application for May 2017 is now available. You must apply in order to graduate!
To apply, log in to myOswego, select the Student Records tab and click “Apply for Graduation”. For more information on graduation, please visit http://www.oswego.edu/administration/registrar/senior_graduation.html