School of Business
Accredited by AACSB since 2002, the School of Business offers a range of undergraduate programs, several interdisciplinary programs, an MBA and combined five-year BS/MBA and BS/masters of programs to approximately 1,650 undergraduate students and 200 graduate students. Housed in renovated Rich Hall, our classes provide practical skills and project-based learning to complement theory, with a strong and successful alumni network that can help you during and after your college years. Graduate students have the option of taking classes online or at the Metro Center branch campus in downtown Syracuse.
With our growing enrollments, we work to expand international experiences, to reach out to part-time graduate students, and to be more fully engaged in regional economic development. Graduates of Oswego's business programs are highly successful with careers ranging from the corporate sector to non-profit/government agencies to entrepreneurial enterprises.
A talented and experienced team of faculty and administrative staff helps shape and guide an outstanding experience for our students. The Center for Accounting Research and Education, as well as the Human Resource Management Center are among the special features of our school. Learn more about the School of Business.
If you're new to campus or the business programs, check out our laptop recommendation (PDF).
- On August 4, 2016, the SUNY Oswego Lambda Zeta chapter will be attending the National Beta Alpha Psi Conference in Baltimore, MD. Students and faculty attending will include: Matthew Hathaway (Chapter President), Kevin Kania (Chapter Vice President), Alex Blaise (Graduate Member), Reid Kelly (Member), Jon Runge (Member), and Noah Oliver (Member). Noah Oliver will also be participating in ‘Project Run With It’, an international competition where students collaborate in a real world consulting project. Noah Oliver is 1 of 72 students selected internationally by the National Beta Alpha Psi office. We wish Noah and the rest of the SUNY Oswego student’s good luck in Maryland.
- Congratulations to the following Phi Beta Lambda students who traveled to Atlanta, Georgia June 24-28 for the 2016 National Leadership Conference! Of the 15 students that went 4 placed in the top 10 in their respective events:
Mark Prezioso, 6th place in Future Business Executive
Alyssa Facteau, 7th place in Business Communication
Mark Prezioso and Nick Schneller, 7th place in Financial Analysis and Decision Making
Sam Mitchell, 9th place in Human Resouce Management
- Congratulations to the following School of Business students who presented their research papers at the third SUNY Oswego and Shanghai Normal University Academic Research Forum in Shanghai, China on May 25th and 26th: Tal Gordon , Sheneya Wilson, Tiana Morris, Alexander Blaise, Shane Kinley , Sonny Goldbaum, and Yibei He.
- April 9th SUNY Oswego hosted the 2016 Phi Beta Lambda New York State Leadership Conference. The Conference was a great success and the School of Business could not be prouder of it's students! Please go to the website as photo's from the day, have been uploaded to Flickr.com!
- SUNY Oswego was named as one of the best small colleges in the North for Master's Degree Programs in Health Care Management by Health Management Degree Guide. Programs were selected ranking based on criteria such as acceptance rate, cost of attendance, number of degree and specialization options offered, accreditation, and acknowledgement by a national ranking body. SUNY Oswego was also highlighted for the program's AACSB accreditation. Find out more on Healthcare Management Degree Guide website!The SUNY Oswego Online MBA was ranked 20th in the nation in the 2016 U.S. News and World Report ranking of Online MBA Programs! More information about the SUNY Oswego MBA can be found on the website.
- Business Administration degree completion will be available at the Syracuse Metro Center beginning in Fall 2016. Please see the following link for more information about the Metro Center.
- AACSB International recognized two Oswego business graduates — Robert Moritz of PricewaterhouseCoopers and Virginia Donohue of On Point for College — among its inaugural group of 100 Influential Leaders.
- Discover what's new in the School of Business by reading the Current Newsletter in our newsletter archive.