Laker Turf Stadium kick-off ceremony
Prior to the men's soccer game, SUNY Oswego President Deborah F. Stanley will officially open the facility together with Vice President for Student Affairs Jerald Woolfolk, Director of Athletics Sue Viscomi and esteemed alumnus and member of the 1966 SUNYAC men's soccer championship squad Dan Scaia, a 1968 Oswego graduate. The first 200 students in attendance will receive a free "Laker Turf Stadium Kickoff" T-shirt and a free soft pretzel. Free. 312-3056.
Location: Laker Turf Stadium
Tuesday, Sept 1, 3:30 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Concert: Bach cello suites by Matt Haimovitz
Renowned Israeli-born soloist Matt Haimovitz performs all six Bach cello suites, while visiting four Central New York locations. (The “moveable feast” begins with a Tuesday live-at-noon broadcast from the studios of WCNY FM (91.3), followed by a 3 p.m. appearance at the River’s End Bookstore. The musical tour resumes at 5 p.m. Wednesday at Tyler Gallery in Penfield Library.) The remaining suites at 7:30 p.m. Sheldon Hall: $15 ($5 for SUNY Oswego students), including parking in lots adjacent to and across Washington Boulevard from Sheldon Hall. http://www.oswego.edu/arts. 312-2141.
Location: Ballroom, Sheldon Hall
Wednesday, Sept 16, 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Women's Soccer vs. St. Lawrence
Location: Oswego, NY- Laker Soccer Field
Tuesday, Sept 1, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Men's Soccer vs. St. Lawrence
Location: Oswego, NY, Laker Turf Stadium
Tuesday, Sept 1, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
2015 New Jersey Event
Find out more and register: http://bit.ly/1T3Y0iT
Location: Ridgewood Country Club 96 W. Midland Ave., Paramus, N.J.
Thursday, Sept 17, 6 p.m. - 9 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, Sept 17, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
10/26/06 revision by Jean Chambers
- Charge: The Committee on Academic Quality [CAQ] advises the Provost and other offices and bodies regarding initiatives and changes aimed at improving the academic quality of SUNY Oswego.
- Membership: The members of the CAQ are volunteers from faculty and professional staff who are interested in serving. They may express their interest to the Committee on Committees or to the Chair. If an important constituency is not represented, the Committee will actively seek such representation. Members serve for a term of one year at a time, at their pleasure. Any member who does not attend Committee meetings for an entire academic year may be removed from the membership roster. However, he or she may rejoin the committee at any time. Members who wish to participate from one year to the next should register their preference with the Committee on Committees. The Chair is elected by the members each spring and serves for a term of the next academic year.
- Voting: As a deliberative advisory body, the CAQ has no legislative power and therefore aims at consensus. Robert’s Rules of Order shall prevail if informal discussion requires more structure. If a vote on a particular recommendation is deemed necessary, a majority of the members present, provided a quorum of five members is present, will suffice to pass the recommendation.
- Meetings: The Committee aims to meet several times per semester, depending upon the availability of common meeting times.
- Agenda: The Chair will circulate a draft agenda by email prior to each meeting and will provide a paper copy of the agenda and whatever previous minutes remain to be approved at the beginning of each meeting.
- Recorder and Minutes: Non-chair members of the Committee will take turns recording the minutes and providing a copy to the Chair. Minutes of every meeting will be kept and circulated to the members. Approved minutes will be sent to the Provost’s Office.
- Consultation: The Committee will attempt to consult with expert and interested parties regarding the various issues under consideration.
- Communication and Reports: The Committee will report to the Faculty Assembly and the Provost’s Office at reasonable intervals, at least once each academic year.