National Terror Alert Levels
- Red - Severe: Severe Risk of Terrorist Attacks
- Orange - High: High Risk of Terrorist Attacks
- Yellow - Elevated: Significant Risk of Terrorist Attacks
- Blue - Guarded: General Risk of Terrorist Attacks
- Green - Low: Low Risk of Terrorist Attacks
For Yellow, Blue and Green Alert levels, go to the Homeland Security website.
Orange - High Risk of Terrorist Attacks
The Incident Command System will be activated and the Incident Command Team will meet to review and assess any specific risk to campus. Police will monitor communications from a variety of law enforcement agencies. For the duration of the threat, the Incident Command Team will assess the threat to campus and will make necessary changes. The campus community will be notified of any change in the terrorist threat level through email and the media. A recording with information of the terror threat level change will be left on voice mail.
- Employees need identification.
- Check points/random package inspection may be implemented.
- Know all vendors making deliveries.
- Building security details may differ.
Red - Severe Risk of Terrorist Attacks
- University facilities may be closed.
- Identification badges must be worn at all times for access to all areas of campus.
- All packages carried into the university will be checked.
- Access to the university will be restricted.
- All visitors to the university will be asked to show identification and their names will be entered into a visitor log through Residence Life and Housing.