You are here

Lee Hall opened as the new building for health and physical education in 1958. It was to replace the previous space used for health and physical education that was located in Sheldon Hall.

Type

  • Administrative

Sustainability

Wind Turbines

Facilities

Baseball Field   Locker Rooms
Basketball Court Pool
Dance Studio Racquetball Court
Karate Studio Recreational Fields
Maintenance Operations Utility Shop Squash Court

 

 

History

Lee Hall opened as the new building for health and physical education in 1958. It was to replace the previous space used for health and physical education that was located in Sheldon Hall. Lee Hall served this purpose exclusively until 1968, when Laker Hall opened. Today, Lee Hall is used largely for recreational purposes, playing host to several intramural events every year, as well as the Del Sarte student dance organization. The hall was dedicated in honor of Mary V. Lee, an alumna from the 1860s. After graduation, Lee soon returned to Oswego and led a success-laden career for almost 20 years as a member of the faculty. Beginning her career at the school in 1874, Lee taught physical culture, zoology and physiology. While on-staff, more students entered the Oswego Normal School for medicine than any other non-educational field.