Students walking in front of Shineman Center
Visit Us

The best way to experience our friendly, learner-centered community is to visit.

Students sitting next to Lake Ontario
Intro video

One video, 60 seconds, countless reasons to consider SUNY Oswego.

Three students walk across campus
Get involved

Explore our nearly 200 clubs and organizations that can forge connections and create opportunities.

Graduates pose during Reunion
Get ready for reunion

Join us for the biggest alumni party of the year, June 8 to 11!

Nighttime view of Sheldon Hall clocktower
Oswego rising

Lakeshore college continues climb in ratings, reviews.

You are here

Student travel grants

The RISE Office, supported by Provost Lorrie Clemo, provides support for student travel to make presentations at conferences, exhibits or performances. Preference will be given to students who are presenting their own work.  To apply, fill out the form below along with a faculty sponsor form. You can email the faculty sponsor form directly to Cara Thompsondirector of RISE. Thompson will be happy to answer any questions concerning your application. Please read the guidelines for applying for student travel support (PDF) before preparing your request.

Student travel grant awardees are required to submit a short summary of their experience to the RISE office within one month of the event. 

Please be advised that there is a limited amount of funds to support student travel requests. Most applications will not receive full funding and cost-saving procedures are encouraged. These procedures would include selecting state and local conferences, applying for discount group rates at hotels in proximity to the conference, and driving to nearby venues as opposed to flying. Chairs and deans may know of other sources. Also, check with the relevant student agencies and organizations.

You must be signed in to Laker Apps to view this form