Faculty liaisons

Individual professors from departments and majors across campus serving as liaisons with the Office of International Education and Programs. Students are welcome at any time to contact their academic department's liaison for advice and guidance on how study abroad can best fit within that department's academic focus.

Passports and Visas

What is a passport, why do I need one, and does it need to be valid?

In order to regulate international travel people must carry identification with them when entering another country. The only form of identification that is recognized throughout the world is a passport (with the exception of certain established relationships, such as the Schengen Agreement). A passport also entitles its bearer to the protection of his or her own country, as well as that of the country visited. If you currently have a passport, check it NOW to make sure it is valid (not expired).

Returning Students

Where are my grades?

Getting your grades from your host institution takes a lot longer that what you may be used to in the U.S. Depending on the university, it can take anywhere from 4 to 8 weeks for your grades to be fully processed (for semester and summer students). Contact your program specialist if you have any additional questions about the process


General pre-departure

Now that you're just about ready to take off and start your new abroad experience, there are some points that you should consider. From money to medicine, housing to what to pack, there are many things you should begin thinking about. Have a look through our pre-departure guides for you to both inform yourself and begin the pre-departure dialogue with your parents, advisors and program specialist.

Getting Started

Your journey starts here.

SUNY Oswego offers 80+ programs in more than 30 countries. With options ranging from one week to one year long, there is a program to fit your academic schedule and budget.

The Coliseum