The Institute for Global Engagement (IGE) promotes scholarly and creative collaborations to expand world awareness, deepen intercultural understanding, and foster respect for diversity and difference.
The Institute for Global Engagement is an active network of the many people, offices, programs and committees at SUNY Oswego committed to expanding world awareness and global engagement. The Institute provides a venue for interdepartmental and interdisciplinary collaborations, supports scholarly and creative activities, encourages professional development and student learning, secures funding for initiatives, and recognizes excellence in global engagement for creating a better world.
Membership in the Institute includes anyone contributing to internationalization at SUNY Oswego through related programs, committees, or other projects. Members teach in programs that integrate global, international and intercultural knowledge and skills. They conduct research on international topics or with international collaborators. They mentor students seeking global opportunities, take students abroad, work with international students and visiting scholars, and plan cultural programs for the campus.
To join IGE, please contact Ulises A. Mejias, Director (222B Marano Campus Center).
To keep informed of IGE activities, please join our electronic mailing list or review the IGE calendar (left menu).
- International Education & Programs (Study Abroad; International Students & Scholars)
- Hart Hall Living and Learning Center
- Global Laboratory
- Global & International Studies
- Modern Languages & Literature
- GENIUS Olympiad
- Cooperative Online International Learning (COIL) program
IGE's current Coordinating Board
- Institute for Global Engagement Director: Dr. Ulises A. Mejias
- Office of International Education and Programs Director: Dr. Joshua McKeown
- Global and International Studies Director: Dr. Lisa Glidden
- Hart Hall Faculty Director: Dr. Rebecca Burch
- Modern Languages and Literatures Dept. Chair: Dr. John Lalande
- Office of Research and Sponsored Programs
- Research and Individualized Student Experiences Co-Chair: Denise Dirienzo
- Global Laboratory
- GENIUS Olympiad: Dr. Fehmi Damkaci
- Student Fulbright and International Awards Committee Chair: Lyn Blanchfield Phi Beta Delta President: Joanne O'Toole
- Project leaders: Dr. A. Nanthakumar, Joggeshwar Das
For more information about the Institute for Global Engagement or to become involved in the Institute, please contact:
Dr. Ulises A. Mejias
222B Marano Campus Center
email@example.com or 315.312.3647