You are here

Wilber Hall was an addition to Park Hall that was opened to the public in September of 1964. Today it is used as the offices for Health Promotion and Wellness, the Center for Urban Schools and the Technology Department.

Type

  • Academic

Facilities

  • 20/20 Wireless Anechoic Chamber
  • Academic Office
  • Administrative Offices
  • Classrooms
  • Manufacturing Lab
  • Materials Molding Maufacturing Lab
  • Materials Precision Production Lab
  • Wood Lab

 

 

History

Function
Wilber Hall was an addition to Park Hall that was opened to the public in September of 1964. Today it is used as the offices for Health Promotion and Wellness, the Center for Urban Schools and the Technology Department.

Namesake
Gordon Wilber, for whom the hall was named, served as the director of Industrial Arts 1940-1947 and authored one of the nation’s most commonly used textbooks at the time, “Industrial Arts in General Education.” Wilber spent his tenure as director in Park Hall, which stood unattached for 31 years, until Wilber Hall was added.