SUNY Oswego is now tobacco, smoke and e-cigarette free
Check out our news timeline.
OzQuits! Here's why:
'Stache the Ash is an anti-smoking campaign sponsored by the Lifestyles Center.
Read the Smoke-Free/Tobacco-Free Policy document which went into effect on Jan. 1, 2015.
This is about making SUNY Oswego a healthier place for all of us.
SUNY Oswego reached out across the college and across the nation for nearly three years, learning that Tobacco Free is the place to be. Check out the list of colleges in New York state that already are tobacco-free or smoke-free. The prospective policy aims to:
- Provide a safe, clean and healthy working, living and educational environment.
- Assist members of our college community who wish to overcome tobacco addictions.
- Encourage respect for all members of our college community, whether smokers or non-smokers.
- Improve college and community awareness of the importance of tobacco-free, clean air and grounds.
- Decrease tobacco use through culture shift and social norming.
- Demonstrate social responsibility for college visitors from around the community and around the globe.
Did you know:
- According to a survey of 1,526 students, faculty and staff on campus completed in April 2013, only 15% (235) respondents currently use tobacco products?
- Of those 235, more than half were either already planning on or were willing to quit.
- The current policy prohibits smoking by anyone anywhere on campus, including in vehicles parked on campus
For more information, please contact the Clean Air Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
Jerald Jones Woolfolk, Vice President for Student Affairs
Address: 711 Culkin Hall, Oswego, NY 13126
Barbara St. Michel, Committee Chair
Address: 137 Marano Center, Oswego, NY 13126