- A representative of the College Council and the Student Association president are ex-officio and non-voting
- Co-chairs -- the president shall appoint one chair; the Faculty Assembly shall select the other chair
- The college president shall appoint eight representatives, including administration, classified staff, professional staff, the director of facilities services, a representative from the SUNY Foundation, and two representatives from residence life and housing and from campus life.
- The Faculty Assembly shall elect eight members to the committee from the voting faculty or the professional staff group. The first members elected shall serve three-year terms and shall be voting faculty or staff, one each from the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences; School of Communication, Media and the Arts; the School of Business; and the School of Education. The next two elected shall have two-year terms, and the last two elected shall have one-year terms. After the initial election, all terms shall be three years.
- Two student representatives shall be selected by the Student Association.
- To provide leadership and coordination for long-range physical space and facilities planning, which recognizes the primary academic function of the institution; to assess needs, and to propose priorities to appropriate governance bodies for the next 10 years.
- To acquire an institutional perspective relative to the emerging Campus Concept.
- To assess current and emerging needs for facilities renovations through extensive consultation with all appropriate constituencies.
- To recommend priorities for action to the president that are consistent with the long-range plan.
- The committee shall prepare and present periodic reports to the Faculty Assembly and to the college community.
- Recommendations to the college administration shall be first reported out to the Faculty Assembly for its comment.