What is Technology? Technology is a collection of resources - infrastructure, devices, applications and services - that enhance and extend the capabilities of the user.
What is the purpose of the TIP Grant?
Annual funding is provided by Campus Technology Services from the Technology Fee. This funding is intended for academic initiatives that relate to instruction, student usage, improving student usage, and/or improving student learning through the use of technology, and to further encourage the implementation of SUNY Oswego's strategic plan Tomorrow - Greater Impact and Success. ¹
Priority will be given to:
- Collaborative and multi-disciplinary submissions
- Student centered submissions which touch a large number of instructors or students
- New, innovative and/or trial initiatives
- Initiatives with clear assessment criteria and reasonable succession plans Equipment replacement and expansion of existing equipment will also be considered
Ensure you submit a complete application
A completed application should include the following items in the order indicated:
- Cover Sheet - First page of the proposal containing the applicant's name, department and authorized signatures.
- Abstract - A brief overview of the entire proposal.
- Project Narrative - Include "Performance Drivers" in your application. "Performance Drivers are SUNY Oswego's learning-centered culture in action. They are our work - the programs, activities, focus and committments we plan and produce in order to attain five strategic Impacts." ²
- Needs Assessment
- Goals and Objectives
- Implementation Plan
- Evaluation Plan
- Management Plan
- Budget - A complete report of all requested items - please include quotes.
- Proposal budgets must be spent within the 2016-2017 fiscal year.
- Appendicies - Any relevant information pertaining to the narrative.
All grant proposals must be received by 4:30 p.m. on October 14, 2016. Requests for extensions will not be honored.
Please submit your signed proposal via email to Kris Smith (email@example.com), or an original signed proposal to Ms. Smith, Campus Technology Services, 26 Lanigan Hall.
A Pre-Screening Review Panel will perform an in-depth review of submitted applications. The main responsibility of this panel is to ensure that any hardware and software requests are compatible with the current technology at SUNY Oswego. The panel will then follow-up with the TIP Committee with their recommendations for presentations. Those that do not meet the intention of the Technology Initiative Program will not be recommended to present to the TIP Committee. If this occurs, the Applicant will be notified in writing of the reason(s) for this rejection. Any proposals containing requests for new technology that has not been released by the proposal submission deadline will be declined.
¹ SUNY Oswego, Campus Technology Advisory Board - Vision, Mission and Planning Priorities
² Tomorrow, Greater Impact and Success, http://www.oswego.edu/tomorrow