First Summer Session begins
Tuesday, May 28, noon - noon
Service Awards Recognition Luncheon
The recognition luncheon honors SUNY Oswego's CSEA, Council 82, PBA and PEF employees for their years of service. $8 (admission by ticket only). 312-2230.
Location: Arena and Convocation Hall, Campus Center
Friday, June 14, noon - 2 p.m.
Location: Oswego and vicinity
Thursday, June 6, noon - noon
Thursday, June 20, noon - noon
New Faculty ANGEL Orientation - a quick guide on how to get started using ANGEL at SUNY Oswego.
- log into ANGEL, you must use your SUNY Oswego email username and password. If you have not activiated your email account, please follow the instructions listed here.
If you are a faculty member, please contact the SLN Help Desk (800.875.6269)
Multiple Course Shells have been created for a course, however, I want all of my students to use the same course shell.Course Shells are created for every course listed in the Course Bulletin. If you are teaching a dual listed course or multiple sections of the same course and only want one ANGEL course shell, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Place 'Merge Rosters' on the subject line; in the body of the message list the courses you want combined. Please mark one of the courses as 'primary' - this will be the course shell that you teach from in ANGEL.
- With PCs running Windows OS: Internet Explorer 7.0 or above or Firefox 3.0 or above.
- With Macs running OS X: Firefox 3.0 or above.
- ANGEL will NOT function properly in either Safari or Chrome.
I have finished developing my course and am ready to allow students to access my course. How do I enable it?Once you have completed developing your course for the upcoming semester, you may need to enable the course so that your students can access it. To do this follow the instructions below:
- Click on the course link for which you want to enable.
- From the Manage tab, look for the General Course Settings link located inside the middle nugget and click on it.
- Click on the Access tab, set Member Access from 'Editors Only' to All Members; set Guest Access to Authenticated
- Save your changes!
You can add additional editors, teaching assistants and guests to your courses by sending a request to email@example.com . Place Guest Access in the subject line; in the body of the message include the following information: user's name, their role in your course, and email address.
I don't check my ANGEL courses daily. Is there a way that I can have my ANGEL course emails forwarded to my SUNY Oswego email account?Yes! If you would like your ANGEL course mail forwarded to your SUNY Oswego email account, please follow these few steps:
- Log into ANGEL and click on the Preferences Icon ().
- Next, click on the System Settings link.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and type in the forwarding email address of your choice under the Mail Settings area.
- It is recommended that you change the email Forwarding mode to: Forward my course mail and mark as unread in course.
- Open new course shell
- Go to the Manage Tab
- Select Import Console on the Data Management nugget
- Select Copy Course
- Use the drop down menu to select the desired previous course - select option "Backup courses before import"
- Click the Copy button to complete the copy process.
- Open desired course shell
- Go to the Manage Tab
- Select Backup and Restore on the Data Management nugget
- Select in Your Backups section, click on the here found on the second line (NOTE: select option to backup up courses before import)
- Once backup is completed, a copy of the file can be downloaded to your computer by clicking on the download found on the first line