Lost, Stolen or Damaged Personal Property

The college is not responsible for the loss of property of any student or other individual because of fire, theft, or other cause. It is strongly recommended that resident students and students living off campus obtain insurance against loss by fire, theft, or other causes. Students, faculty and staff should lock residence hall rooms and office doors when they leave, even for short periods of time.

Members of the college community and other persons visiting the campus who find another’s property on the grounds or in the facilities of this campus are required to report finding such property to University Police.  Items found should be surrendered to University Police. Members of the College who have reason to believe that property they observe or receive is stolen property (including but not limited to textbooks, class notes, term paper, and computer equipment since they may contain student work or personal items) should notify University Police at 315.312.5555.