Sigma Xi-ORSP Research Award
The Sigma Xi/ORSP Research Award, in the amount of $100, shall be given annually to the two best research projects presented at Quest by undergraduate or graduate students. Nominations by faculty are encouraged but not required for consideration. Current faculty officers of Sigma Xi will observe those presentations being considered for an award. Award selection criteria include:
- a reasonable research question based on review of the literature,
- a research design appropriate to the research question,
- rigor in the study protocol (e.g., appropriate controls, valid and reliable measurements, etc.),
- appropriate analyses for testing the research question, and
- recognition of study implications and limitations. Quest presentation quality (including organization, communication, clarity) will also be considered.