DMCA Notification Procedures
When SUNY Oswego receives a DMCA notification the following procedures are followed:
- CTS first checks to make sure that the notification is valid. We verify that certain pieces of information and certain wording required by law are included.
- If the notification is valid, CTS looks through authentication and network registration records to determine what user was logged on or registered to during the time period the violation occurred.
- The network connection of the offending user is blocked for a minimum of two weeks, longer if prior DMCA notices for the user have been received. If multiple offences occur, a port/account maintenance charge may be applied.
- The notice is then forwarded to Student Conduct along with the user information and if any prior DMCA notices had been received for this user.
- Student Conduct will contact the offending user regarding the notice.