You are here
Derek started as a Network Technician at SUNY Oswego in April of 2013. He graduated from SUNY IT with a degree in Telecommunications, is A+ Certified, and was previously the Network Administrator at The Solutions Group, LLC in Falls Church, VA.
Derek assists in the support and maintenance of State University of New York at Oswego's campus network. His duties include:
* Provide day-to-day maintenance and support of networking systems.
* Conduct routine network diagnostics and monitoring.
* Cisco network configuration and support.
* Maintenance for layers 1-3 of the OSI Model.
* Field contact for data wiring, equipment installation, and service.
* Troubleshoot end user connectivity issues.
* Assist in the assignment of network schema and naming conventions.
* Maintain records in network management and help desk software.
* Assist with implementation and management of IP phone infrastructure.
* Support for the telecommunications rooms, fiber backbone connections, and other communications equipment through maintenance, labeling, and regular cleaning.