Co-sponsored by the School of Business and Oswego Alumni Association, the Alumni Symposium brings accomplished alumni back to campus each year to interact with current School of Business students. The objective is for alumni to share information about their respective experiences, both in college and in the work force.
Alumni speak in classes on topics such as college activities, networking, landing the first job, excelling in an organization, job search strategies and current issues in the business world. We attempt to place alumni in classes appropriate to their expertise. Students also have an opportunity to receive additional mentoring, such as a resume critique or job search strategy through one-on-one appointments with alumni.
2013 alumni participants
- Douglas Cypes '81: Vice President - USI Insurance Services
- Charles Hubbard '70: Regional Sales Manager - Davis Standard LLC - Black Clawson
- Sarah Kane '08: Principal Account Clerk - Office of Employment and Training
- Jason Lupo '09: Operations Management - Target
- Diane Marcus '72: Owner - Essential Business Etiquette
- Erison Rodriguez '05: Regional Sales and Marketing Director - ProAct, Inc. (Kinney Drugs)
- Richard Settembre '70: President - Way Cool Product
- Tom Varian '98: President/CEO - Riva Payments, Inc.
- Kate Wilcox '11: Client Services Coordinator - Manning & Napier Advisors