Readmission Process

General Information

Matriculated Undergraduates who have missed a semester (or more) of study at Oswego must complete the Readmission Form. To get one, contact the Registrar's Office:

via phone, 315-312-2136
via email,
or via mail, 301 Culkin Hall, SUNY Oswego, Oswego, NY 13126

Once your form is received and processed you will be sent further information on advisement and registration in a readmit confirmation letter.

If you are seeking readmission following an Academic Disqualification, the Deans have established the following deadlines:

  • Deadline to Readmit for Spring Semester - January 5
  • Deadline to Readmit for Fall Semester - June 1

Late applications will only be considered on a space available basis with approval of the Dean of the school of your major.

Registration Information

Your readmit confirmation letter will identify an advisement contact. You will need to speak with them and fulfill advisement requirements in order to get an Alternate ("second") PIN. You will need this in order to register in myOswego. If your advisor did not give you an Alternate PIN, please contact the department of your major.

Readmitted students may begin to register after they have been advised. Registration dates are available here. During Winter and Summer, some advisors will be available to you only on a limited basis. Contact the department of your major to determine your advisement options. Advisement may be available over the phone.

Things to Consider

Students are Readmitted to only ONE major - if you were formerly a double-major, you will need to add the second major when you return.

If you change your major during readmission, you will want to review major requirements in the catalog and assess your progress in Degree Works. Used to look at a CAPP report? Now look at Degree Works! Here area some resources to get you familiar with the new degree audit.

If you have been away from Oswego for two or more years, you may be readmitted under a new catalog year and/or GenEd requirements. Be sure you identify and understand any new/different requirements.

Make appropriate arrangements to transfer-in coursework you may have taken elsewhere while you were away. This may require an Off-campus Study Approval Form.