Third summer session begins
Location: SUNY Oswego
Saturday, July 4, 3:40 a.m. - 3:40 a.m.
Rice Creek Ramble
Guided walk showing visitors what creatures are around, what they eat and where they live. Participants should dress for the weather and call 312-6677 the morning of the hike to check trail conditions. Program size is limited; unable to accommodate groups. An adult must accompany children. Free.
Location: Rice Creek Field Station
Saturday, July 11, 11 a.m. - noon
Men's Soccer vs. St John Fisher Scrimmage (Time TBA)
Saturday, July 4, 3:41 a.m. - 3:41 a.m.
Women's Soccer vs. St. Lawrence
Tuesday, Sept 1, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, July 16, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Harborfest Housing Available
Saturday, July 4, 3:43 a.m. - 3:43 a.m.
New FirstChoice Instructor Workshop Handouts
- First Choice Workshop Ponopto Recording
- FirstChoice Goals
- Peer Educator Requirements/Responsibilities
- Services for Students
- Don't Cancel Class! (PDF)
- Integrating a Peer Educator into Class
FirstChoice Instructor Information/Resources
- Common Developmental Issues in First Year Students
- How to Do Really Well in College (PDF version)
- Compass Resources
- Sample First Choice Syllabus
- FERPA Information
- Penfield Library Resources for First Year Students
Living & Learning Communities (LLC) Instructors and Staff
- Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching (CELT)
- Library Instruction Resources
- Information Literacy Outcomes
- Subject Librarians
- Ask A Librarian
Links to Research on First Year Best Practices
- Policy Center for the First Year of College as well as additional resources
- What Spurs Students to Stay in College and Learn?
Online Resources for Instructors
- Academic Integrity
- ON COURSE activitites for first year success
- Academic Skills web sites (PDF)
- How to Do Really Well in College
- The Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL)
- Common Errors in English
- Team-Based Learning information