The library's Multimedia Production Rooms may be scheduled for use by faculty, staff and students. Both rooms are outfitted with a webcam, headphones/microphone, recording software, and tutorials.
- Room 208, near the Art Gallery, contains a PC.
- Room 210, near the 2nd Floor Service Desk, contains a PC and Mac.
- For technical assistance, ask at the 2nd Floor Service Desk. The staff will contact library technology personnel when they are available, or if they are not, contact the CTS Technology Support Center at 315-312-3456.
- The rooms are available for students, faculty and staff.
- Students must make an appointment to use the rooms. Use the form to do so (link above).
- Your reservation request will not be complete until you have responded to the email confirmation from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The rooms are available whenever the library is open.
- To access the rooms, sign out their keys from the 2nd Floor Service Desk. You will need your campus ID card to do so.
- If the rooms are not reserved, they are available to faculty and professional staff on a first-come-first-served basis.
Guidelines for Student Use of the Multimedia Rooms
The Multimedia Production Rooms support work for:
- a specific class
- an official SUNY Oswego organization
- a Departmental or University-wide multimedia project
- personal development or artistic vision
Rooms 208 and 210 are available for the creation of multimedia projects only. This includes video, audio, music, animation, and graphics. These rooms are not available for writing papers or using the internet. Although you can use the room to create content for presentations, the room is not to be used for the creation of the presentation itself (PowerPoint/Keynote/Prezi).
- Other multimedia creation options in the library can be found on the Multimedia Creation & 3D Printing page.