Living and learning
Living in a residence hall at SUNY Oswego will be one of the most interesting and rewarding experiences of a lifetime. At Oswego, the residential environment plays a major role in each student's overall college experience. Living in a residence hall:
- Helps students get connected with the campus.
- Allows them to get to know students and staff from all walks of life.
- Fosters close friendships which frequently develop and are maintained for the rest of their college career and well into the future.
- Provides endless opportunities to learn beyond the classroom. Residents will learn about the individuals with whom they live, about their differences, similarities and what each person brings to the community.
- Offers opportunities to attend regularly scheduled educational programs, participate in community activities and/or community service projects. Not only will these activities help you through college, they will be experiences that will help you through life.
- Engages students in spontaneous learning which may happen when two residents have a discussion about a current event while structured learning happens at an evening program or campus event.
- For more information about structured learning outside the classroom, check out Oswego State's Residence Life Curriculum or Structured Learning.
- Living and Learning Communities for incoming first-year students as part of the FirstChoice academic experience
- Hart Global Living and Learning Center: any student may apply
- Johnson Hall First-Year Experience: offered to first year students only
|ResLife HOME!||Contact Us!||About Us!|
303 Culkin Hall
Oswego, NY 13126
- New Student FAQs
- Coming to Oswego as a NEW student?
- Want to make a Room Request?
- Residence Halls info
- Room Furniture Options
- Looking for a Roommate?
- Village info
- Fitness Centers
- Residence Hall Security
- Meet the ResLife Staff
Students or parents needing assistance with the content of these ResLife pages should contact the Residence Life and Housing office at 315.312.2246 between the hours of 8 am and 4 pm. Thank you.