Apply for Academic Year Housing 

At SUNY Oswego, the residential environment plays a major role in each student's overall college experience. See below to learn more about the process and timing to apply for on-campus housing at SUNY Oswego for the academic year.

Please read the University Housing Policy carefully before applying for housing. All SUNY Oswego students must adhere to this policy.

If you have any questions, contact Residence Life and Housing by phone or email.

Unique Housing Options

In addition to the more traditional housing options available to students, some unique housing options are available to eligible students. These may require a separate application, and often require the completion of an additional living agreement which articulates both the benefits and responsibilities of living in the selected community.

Gender Inclusive Housing

Gender Inclusive Housing offers the option for two or more students to share a living unit (room/suite/townhouse) regardless of gender. Gender inclusive housing is available in all residence halls if space is available at time of assignment.

Learn more about Gender Inclusive Housing
Johnson Hall First Year Residential Experience (FYRE) Program

The Johnson Hall First Year Residential Experience(FYRE) program is available to 240 first-year students. Students that request this program are randomly assigned.

Learn more about the FYRE Program Learn more about Johnson Hall
Onondaga Hall Suite Living

Onondaga Hall Suite Living is an option for students with at least sophomore or second-year status. Onondaga suites house six students in double rooms, with a shared common room and bathroom within the suite. This living option is for upper-division students.

Learn more about Onondaga Hall
Village Townhouse Community

The Village Townhouse Community is an option for upper-division students who have already earned at least 42 credits and graduate students. The Village townhouses consist of 4 person and 6 person townhouse units with common bathrooms, living room, and kitchen. Laundry facilities are also located within each townhouse.

Learn more about the Village Townhouse Community

Single Rooms

Single Rooms are available on a limited basis for students. Students may request a single room on their housing application and will be assigned if space is available. Students requesting a single room must agree to and comply with the Single Room Agreement including the cost of a single room. Rates for Single Occupancy can be found on the Room Rates page.

Graduate Student Housing

Learn about the unique on-campus living options available for Graduate Students enrolled at SUNY Oswego.

Learn more about Graduate Student Housing

Apply for Break Housing

Break Housing is available for students living on-campus who need to remain on campus over break. Students must provide a reason for requesting break housing, and break housing accommodations must be requested at least 3 days before residence halls close for the break period. Break housing requests are typically approved for students...

  • Who need to complete an academic or athletic obligation
  • Who are experiencing home insecurity
  • Whose home address is out of the state or out of the country

Break Housing is not a guarantee and requests must be approved by the Residence Life and Housing office.

Learn more about Break Housing

Exemption from University Housing Policy

All SUNY Oswego students must adhere to the University Housing Policy.
If you have not signed Housing and Dining License and wish to be
exempted from the University Housing Policy, you must submit a Request
for Exemption from University Housing Policy.

Request Exemption from University Housing Policy

Release from the Housing and Dining License

The Housing and Dining License is binding for the entire academic 
year (fall and spring semesters). If you have signed the
Housing and Dining License but subsequently wish to be released
from the contract to move off-campus, you must submit a Request to
Terminate Residence Life and Housing License.

Request a Release from the Housing and Dining License

Residence Life and Housing
303 Culkin Hall

8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Monday – Friday

Phone: 315.312.2246
Fax: 315.312.6329

Follow Us

Like us on Facebook! Follow us on Twitter! instagram logo links to res life instagram account