Hours of operation/after-hours care
During academic year:
- 8:30 am to 4 pm clinic on Monday through Friday.
- Walk-in clinic begins at 8:30 am and we will accept as many patients as we can safely see before 10:30 am. An appointment is needed for a visit during the remainder of the day. Call 312.4100 for an appointment.
- Students desiring gynecologic (GYN) services should call 312.4100 for a GYN appointment. For contraceptive services and well woman annual appointments, call OCO Reproductive Health at 342.0888. Request to have your appointment at the SUNY Oswego site.
- If you are student teaching, make sure you have paid the mandatory health fee if you are in need of health care. Call us so that we can accommodate you. If your intention is to receive health care at Walker Health Center while you are student teaching, call Student Accounts at 312.2225 ASAP or your mandatory health fee will be returned to you and you will lose your health center privileges.
Please let us know if you are having an emergency and we advise you we have no more appointments. We will do our very best to accommodate you.
The following resources are available:
Fulton Urgent Care, 510 South 4th Street Fulton NY, (315)-592-3500
Lake Ontario Prompt Medical Care 300 New York Route 104 #2, Oswego NY, (315)-216-4036
Oswego Hospital Emergency Room - 110 West 6th Street, Oswego NY (315) 349-5522
Hours during Summer and Winter Sessions:
- 9 am to 3 pm Monday through Friday.
If, after we are closed, you have a serious question or health concern that needs a registered nurse to respond, you can call FONEMED at 877.617.9538 (toll free number). This is an after-hours service that will, hopefully, help you to make the best decisions for your health when Walker Health Center is closed.
When the clinic is not open during the academic year, the Student Association Volunteer Ambulance Corps (SAVAC) provides emergency coverage and transport to Oswego Hospital Emergency Room. SAVAC's phone number is 312/4000. Fulton Urgent Care is available until 9 pm everyday. SAVAC does not transport to Urgent Care. The student is responsible for any costs associated with after-hours health care.
Phone: (315) 312-4100
Fax: (315) 312-5409