Citibank VISA Procurement Card
Third summer session begins
Location: SUNY Oswego
Sunday, July 5, 6:28 a.m. - 6:28 a.m.
Rice Creek Ramble
Guided walk showing visitors what creatures are around, what they eat and where they live. Participants should dress for the weather and call 312-6677 the morning of the hike to check trail conditions. Program size is limited; unable to accommodate groups. An adult must accompany children. Free.
Location: Rice Creek Field Station
Saturday, July 11, 11 a.m. - noon
Men's Soccer vs. St John Fisher Scrimmage (Time TBA)
Sunday, July 5, 6:24 a.m. - 6:24 a.m.
Women's Soccer vs. St. Lawrence
Tuesday, Sept 1, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
GOLD Third Thursdays
Visit http://www.facebook.com/events/453070221388940 for the latest locations or suggest your own!
Location: Various Cities
Thursday, July 16, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Harborfest Housing Available
Sunday, July 5, 6:24 a.m. - 6:24 a.m.
There are campus only downloads available that provide sign on, reconciliation, and changing the funding account instructions that are helpful for current users of the VISA purchasing card.
Procurement Card - Overview
The Citibank VISA Purchasing Card offers the State University of New York campuses an alternative procurement method when making small dollar purchases. The program as implemented at SUNY is known as the Procurement Card. The program is intended to afford SUNY campuses the opportunity to streamline their local procedures and controls for procuring goods and services. Proper use of the Procurement Card can reduce the time between requesting, ordering, and actual receipt of goods and services. Additionally, the Procurement Card program reduces the volume of accounts payable transactions and the associated administrative costs by eliminating supplier invoices and consolidating multiple supplier payments into one monthly voucher payment to the Office of the State Comptroller. Operation of the SUNY program follows the basic New York State Procurement card SUNY guidelines as established by the Office of General Services. New York State is liable for authorized charges made using the card. Procurement cards must be used for "official" SUNY purchases only. Use of the card for personal items, cash advances and business travel expenses are not permitted. Use of the Procurement Card is limited to items/transactions set by the Provost or V.P for Administration and Finance, typically $500 or less (excluding freight). All shipments are to be delivered to the designated cardholder.
Application for Procurement Card
Procurement cards will be issued to individuals who are given the appropriate purchasing authority. The cards are issued with the name of the cardholder and SUNY Oswego embossed on the card. Cardholders must sign an employee agreement form prior to obtaining the Procurement Card. Training will be provided for all persons receiving a Procurement Card. This training will cover the use of the Procurement Card consistent with New York State policy, as well as SUNY campus purchasing practices. Training must be completed prior to issuance of the card. If you are interested in more information regarding the Citibank VISA Procurement card contact the Campus Procurement Card Administrator (Purchasing Associate) at 2224 for more information. Or complete the Application form (.pdf 70k) and forward it Purchasing for processing.
Cardholders must attend training sessions sponsored by the Campus Procurement Card Administrator. Procurement Card Agreement forms must be on file in the Purchasing Department. Materials received must be verified by the authorized cardholder. The cardholder is responsible and accountable for all Procurement Card transactions.
A cardholder may use the Procurement Card for the purchase of materials, supplies, or services directly with a vendor when the order meets the following criteria: The item is not on the restricted list. The total amount of the order does not exceed your transaction limit, typically $500. Department funds must be available for the orders to be called in, entered online at secure web sites, faxed, or mailed to vendors. Goods may be picked up or delivered direct to the requesting cardholder. All freight charges, if applicable, must be added by the vendor to the original invoice.
The Procurement Card may not be used for the following:
- Air conditioners
- Computer hardware
- Hazardous chemicals
- To pay a State University of New York employee
- Space heaters
- The following items may not be purchased with the Procurement Card without prior approval from the Purchasing Department.
- Computer software
- Mobile devices such as e-book readers (Kindle, Nook, Sony, etc.), cell phones, tablet computers (iPad, Galaxy, Playbook, etc.)
- Computer peripherals
- Individual orders should not exceed the transaction limit of the card. The purchase of related, similar, or identical items purchased separately that when purchased together would exceed the transaction limit is called "split ordering" and is not permitted.
- Other conditions that require prior approval from the Purchasing Department before making a Procurement Card purchase are:
- A written agreement (other than the Procurement Card charge form) needs to be signed by a representative of the college
- The purchase of contracted services already under a negotiated agreement (e.g. maintenance agreements, contracted services from an individual)
- The rental of space
- The leasing of equipment
- Purchasing of insurance,
- Purchasing otherwise reimbursable and personal expenses including travel (airfare, gasoline, etc.) hotel accommodations
- Paying for entertainment, meals, and other out-of-pocket expenses
- Purchasing of items stocked in Central Stores
- Orders requiring advance payment
If in doubt, contact the Campus Purchasing Associate. Procurement Card receipts are audited. Procurement Card users who make restricted purchases will be asked to return the item, reimburse the college or may lose card privileges altogether.