The student health advisory committee (SHAC) is comprised of interested students who have volunteered to work with Walker Health Center staff to improve knowledge and awareness of the health center's services among SUNY Oswego students. SHAC members help shape campus health policy, work as liaisons between students and health center staff and participate in quality improvement activities.
SHAC is a select group of students who:
- Work as liaisons between students and campus health staff
- Create positive change for students and staff
- Assist in making campus health policy
- Aid themselves with resume and leadership building activities
- Serve other students by their efforts
Past activities include:
- Assured sick trays for students in residence halls
- Designed wellness posters
- Promoted health center's services (including cold clinics and HIV testing)
- Participated in health center services and wellness education (including HIV awareness and assisting at Flu and "Get Yourself Tested" clinics)
- Assisted in quality improvement including satisfaction surveys and suggestion box
- Organized an annual Tie-Dye Event in early fall semester with t-shirts allowing students to become aware of health center
- Organized stress basket raffles at the end of each semester around final exams
Interested in joining?
Meetings are three times a month at the Mary Walker Health Center.
Please call 312.4100 or email email@example.com for more information.