You are here

New student information

Learn about services offered by your health center


Whether its primary care services or referrals we want you to come to us first. Utilize our services as you would your health care provider at home. The Walker Health Center is dedicated to providing quality care and is proudly accredited by the Accreditation Association of Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC). We value student input. Feedback forms are located in our lobby.

New to SUNY Oswego?

What's in the Mary Walker Health Center


Additional Information


Go to and follow the link for new student menu. Once your email account is activated, follow the link for health requirements. Follow the instructions and complete your health history online and send a hard copy of your immunizations. Then you can register for orientation. New student-athletes are required to have a pre-participation physical. The form is located on the site. Intramurals or club sports do not need a physical. SUNY Oswego requires all students show proof of health insurance. You may be covered by a parent plan or purchase the college-sanctioned accident and sickness plan. If covered by a parent plan, complete a waiver form and submit it to Auxiliary Services during the summer. Bring a copy of your insurance card to school. This is important for outpatient testing, or emergency room visits.


You pay a health fee every semester. This pays for services and care at the Walker Health Center like Counseling Services as well as events and health/wellness education organized by the Lifestyles Center.

  • Primary care services. Many common medications are provided.
  • Routine laboratory testing. Referrals for x-rays and other lab tests.
  • Male and female reproductive health care by appointment.
  • Quality condoms at a reasonable cost. Also available at the Lifestyle Center.
  • Vaccine updates including annual flu vaccine.
  • Self-care cold clinic: You make your choices and go. No appointment needed.

Contraceptive care is provided by Oswego County Opportunities (OCO) at Walker Health Center on Thursdays. Call (315) 342-0888 to make an appointment.

Allergy injections are provided by an off-campus provider.

  • Castro, S.  4402 Medical Center Drive #402,
    Fayetteville NY 
  • Lakeshore ENT 140 W. 6th St., Suite 210,
    Oswego NY 
  • Northway Medical Associates 21 N. 2nd St.
    Fulton, NY 
  • Ram, P. 300 State Route 104 Suite 1
    Oswego NY 

Questions? Call us at (315) 312-4100, Monday - Friday 08:30-4:30 pm.

Need information and guidance when the health center is closed? Call FONEMED at 1-877-617-9538.

Join the SHAC (Student Health Advisory Committee) .Call (315) 312-4100 for more information.

Location: The last building on the lakeside, next to Scales Hall.
Phone: (315) 312-4100 
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Walk-in hours: Monday - Friday 8:30am - 10:30am.  We will accept as many patients as we can safely see before 10:30 am.
An appointment is needed for a visit during the remainder of the day