Geology, meterology, hydrology, soil science and astronomy can be investigated at Rice Creek Field Station. Students and faculty from the atmospheric and geological sciences department and the physics department investigate Rice Creek during class and while conducting research.
- Rice Creek weather station data archive
- Student meteorology site (on main campus)
- Current weather at Chermack Research Station (west side of main campus adjacent to the south shore of Lake Ontario)
- Astronomy opportunities with the physics department: www.oswego.edu/~kanbur/IRES.html
- Astromony students shoot the moon captures images using a telescope at Rice Creek. This video was made by students in AST 350 Observational Astronomy during spring 2016 using a 8-inch Meade telescope and a MallinCam Extreme video camera.