Student Staff Positions

RSS (Resident Student Staff)
  • Resident Assistant (RA) is the title held by the student staff who live on each floor in all the other residence halls.

These student positions have the potential of being very rewarding experiences for those who serve in them. It is typically a very demanding position; however, most who have held it will tell you that they gained a lot from the experience.

Please check local advertisement (digital signage, The Oswegonian campus newspaper, On-Campus Employment Fair) for times when student staff positions are going to be filled. Please visit the Human Resources web page for availability and to apply for a Graduate Assistantship position.

Student Operations Services Staff

(aka SOS Staff are students who live in and are employees in the residence halls)

These positions are competitive among resident students. Many students love the opportunity to work right in their hall. It’s convenient, but it’s also a good way to get to know others in the building and participate in building decisions and programs. See the SOS Hiring Timeline for the latest SOS hiring process.

Student Position in 303 Culkin Hall
Volunteer Staff
Summer Staff

Office Contact Hours
Residence Life and Housing
303 Culkin Hall
Phone: 315.312.2246
Fax: 315.312.6329
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Monday – Friday

Follow Us
Like us on Facebook! Follow us on Twitter! instagram logo links to res life instagram account You Tube logo links to SUNY Oswego You Tube account