Public Justice Club
The Public Justice Club was founded to bond students who share common goals and interests, learn more about public agencies and the community, and to explore ways to serve our community. The club has a variety of different events and activities planned, some include guest speakers, ride-alongs and trips to jails and prisons. The club is always looking for new members and new activities in which to take part.
We meet bi-monthly and are currently only accepting students who are public justice majors or minors. Contact faculty advisor Dr. Jaclyn Schildkraut for more information. We hope to see you at the next meeting!
Alpha Delta Omega Honor Society
Alpha Delta Omega honor aociety in public justice is an open, democratic organization of individuals committed to academic excellence and to the ideal of justice, fairness, freedom and equality for all people in all aspects of society. We strive to honor public justice students who have a record of outstanding academic achievement, promote academic and scholarly interests, and achieve social justice and improve the human condition.
- Declared public justice major or second major
- Junior or senior status
- Completion of at least 30 semester hours at SUNY Oswego
- Cumulative GPA of 3.20 or better
- Completion of at least four public justice courses (core and elective) prior to induction with a PBJ GPA of 3.0 or better
- Full- or part-time status at time of induction
- Intention to continue in some area of the field of public justice (either further education or occupation/career)
- Eligible students will be invited to join each spring semester.
- Students who wish to join must complete their acceptance response on the provided webform.
- Inductees will receive a membership certificate, attend a reception in their honor (during spring semester), and receive honor cords to wear at graduation.
Faculty Advisor: Dr. Jaclyn Schildkraut, 458 Mahar Hall, 315.312.3403