Workforce Development Board
The Workforce Development Board (WDB) writes and obtains training grants for the private and public sectors, and provides workforce needs assessments to area businesses.
The goal of the Workforce Development Board Inc. of Oswego County is to create a diverse, high-quality workforce. Our services include:
- Identifying strategies for addressing skill shortages.
- Issuing consumer report cards for training programs.
- Aligning training programs to meet the needs of the business community.
- Monitoring the effectiveness of training programs.
A working community is a strong community fostering economic development, regional support systems and more. We are building a bright future for Oswego County by providing these services:
- The formation of focus groups and community roundtable discussions to identify future workforce needs.
- By identifying these needs, we can grow our local economy.
- Assisting local employers by seeking available grants and other funding sources to offset training costs.
- Setting up an inventory of training providers and resources.
- Produce state of the workforce report.
103 Rich Hall
Oswego, NY 13126