The community relations programs of the Office of Business and Community Relations can connect the community to the resources of SUNY Oswego. Services include
- Non-profit technical assistance
- Public issues forums
- Group facilitation
- Special projects
- Leadership programs
The division's non-profit efforts consist of providing technical assistance in the areas of governance, strategic planning and organizational development. The staff have worked with over 30 different non-profits to provide assistance facilitating board retreats, focus groups, long-range planning and a variety of other areas. Additionally, OBCR staff have assisted with the integration of major changes brought on by Sarbanes-Oxley legislation and continuous development in the IRS Form 990. The office regularly hosts workshops on issues directly affecting the operations of non-profits that include financial management and human resources.
Email Tammy Elowsky for further information or call her at 315.312.3084.
Sheldon Roundtable Public Issues Forums are another function of the division. The staff are available to assist in the logistic of putting a forum together. Past forums have address topics including:
- Historic Preservation as an Economic Development Tool
- Renewable Energy
- State and Federal Grants
- Health Care Financing
- Oswego County Transportation Issues
- Wellness Forum
- Working With Older Adults
- 40 Under 40
- College Community Partnership on the Arts
- Rural Health Network Forum
- Oswego County Municipal Summit
- New York State Senate budget Hearing
- NYS 48th Senate District Candidate's Debate
- Workforce Board Youth Employment Summit
- Connections Conference on Women in Business
- Economic Vitality and Sustainable Regional Development
- Dave Eichorn: Climate Change in Your Own Backyard
Group facilitation is another service that the division provides. Currently staff are assisting several organization that will improve the quality of life in the community.
Special project services of our division are negotiated on a case-by-case basis. Please contact us at 315.312.3492.
Leadership programs provided by the office include the Leadership Oswego County Adult and Youth Programs. These programs span back more than 20 years, producing hundreds of involved alumni. For more information check our Leadership Oswego County pages.