The new SUNY Oswego Student Blogs allow readers to follow students adjusting to college, playing sports, directing a play, getting involved in campus events, studying overseas, giving tours or even overcoming vision loss.
Nine students of varying backgrounds, activities and interests are participating in the first-time blog project, which can be found at www.oswego.edu/student/oswegoblogs.
- Sherrifa Bailey, a junior public justice and psychology major interested in social justice and global issues
- Christopher Cook, a freshman English major making the college transition and writing for The Oswegonian
- Kendall Hanley, a senior zoology major who is studying in Australia and also plays on the women’s ice hockey team
- Kevin Hollenbeck, a senior theatre and cinema and screen studies major who is directing “Honor and the River”
- Cameron Jones, a senior broadcasting major involved in the Phi Beta Sigma fraternity and campus events
- Leah Matthews, a junior elementary education major on the women’s swimming and diving team
- Julie-Jo Stanton, a senior public relations major interning in the Lifestyles Center and Public Affairs Office
- Erin Scala, a senior public justice major who describes herself as “that cool blind chick you see on campus”
- Kris Vicencio, a senior music and broadcasting major who is an admissions tour guide and active vocalist
Students have pledged to update their blogs at least once a week during the academic year and readers can provide feedback through a moderated comment system.
- END -
(Posted: Oct 01, 2008)