For each visitor to our website, our web server automatically recognizes information regarding the IP address and domain.
We collect and aggregate information on what pages users access or visit and how they use those pages, to statistically analyze site usage and to improve our content and layout. We believe this analysis allows us to improve our site and better tailor it to meet our users' needs.
Any identifiable personal information collected shall only be used internally by Penfield Library. We do not give, sell, rent, or loan such information to any third party, unless approved or requested by you, or unless we are legally required to do so.
The following services may require the patron to voluntarily submit personal information:
- Aleph - Library Catalog: When placing a hold or recall on an item, when accessing his/her "Personal Circulation Information," and when "Signing In" patrons submit their library (Aleph) username and password.
- Email: There are several locations in the site where patrons are encouraged to submit voluntary email messages for a variety of reasons. The email address of the message is collected, as well as any information the patron chooses to include in the message.
- EZ Proxy - Off-campus Access to Restricted Resources: When accessing a restricted resource from off-campus the patron supplies their IT username and password.
- Interlibrary Loan Service - Illiad: When signing up for interlibrary loan service the patron must submit a variety of personal information, including phone number, address and other personal information. When using the service the patron must submit their ILLiad username and password as well as the citation information for each request.
- Request Library Instruction - Form: If a patron chooses to submit this form, he/she may supply his/her name, course title, department, email information, assorted course information, and comments.
- Schedule Films and Videos for Classroom Use - Form: If a patron chooses to submit this form, he/she may supply their name, ID number, email information, phone number, department name, status (fac/staff/student, etc.), information about the video requested, information relating to the class, delivery preference, and comments.
This site contains links to other sites. Penfield Library is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites. Since we cannot guarantee the same level of privacy and security of these sites, we recommend that you read their privacy policies which may differ from ours.