Services for Visitors
The information below is for anyone not affiliated with SUNY Oswego who wishes to use Penfield Library's collections and/or services. Welcome!
Databases & Electronic Resources
- On SUNY Oswego's campus
Visitors may access library databases and other electronic resources using the library's computers.
- Off campus
Unfortunately, licensing restrictions mean that Penfield Library cannot provide you with database access when you are off campus. Your best bets when you're off campus are:
- Check your public library to see if they provide access to what you need.
- Access New York State databases using your New York drivers license.
Books & Physical Materials
- Borrowing policies
Depending on who you are, different borrowing policies may apply to you:
- Archives and Special Collections
If you're interested in SUNY Oswego's college archives, local history materials, rare books or manuscripts, or oral history recordings, you may want to contact or visit Special Collections.
Librarians will be happy to help you with research questions via any of our Ask a Librarian services. However, our priorities are to SUNY Oswego students, faculty, and staff.
Librarians can log you on to our desktop computers with a guest account.
Because of network security settings, we don't have the ability to give visitors access to the campus wireless network.
- If you are a campus visitor sponsored by a department, ask the department to request guest wireless access for you.
- If you come from an institution that participates in eduroam, you may connect to the eduroam wireless network here. More information about eduroam.
Printing is available for $0.15 per page. You can pick up and pay for your printouts at the Check-Out & Reserves Desk.
There are scanning stations in the 1st floor lobby if you need to make digital or physical copies.
Learn more about faxing at Penfield Library.
- 3D Printing
Learn more about 3D printing at Penfield Library.