Library Speakers' Corner
Library Speakers' Corner Reservations Policy
The Speakers' Corner, located in the southeast corner of the library's 2nd floor, is available to all SUNY Oswego departments, offices and committees by reservation. The purpose of events held here must be educational or academic support. (Fundraising, organizational meetings and social events will not be approved.)
- Events approved for this space will generally be spoken word presentations and/or questions and discussion. Other types of events will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Reservations should be made at least two weeks in advance of the event, using the form on this page. You can expect a response within 3 working days.
- This space will be unavailable for reservations during midterms and finals, as the primary use of this space is for research and study.
- Group size: Up to 100 people
- Publicity: Presenters are responsible for publicizing their events. Posters may be hung on library bulletin boards for Speakers' Corner events. Directional signs on the day of the event are suggested.
- Furniture: Furnishings in the corner may be rearranged as needed, and must be returned to the original arrangement following the event. Additional chairs or assistance with furniture configuration may be requested in the comment box of the reservation form.
- Technology: This space is not wired for computer-assisted presentations or audio. Technology needs must be arranged in advance with Campus Technology Services.
Food & Drink
- Refreshments may be served and should be arranged through Campus Catering.
- Alcohol is not permitted without prior approval from Library Administration.
- It is expected that events being held in the Speakers' Corner will include presentation and audience response/discussion. Please limit noise to a level that is not disruptive to those studying in other parts of the floor or building.
- Audio support is generally not appropriate or necessary for this space.