You are here
Laptop Borrowing Policy
Checking Out a Laptop
- Laptops are loaned for in-library use only.
- Laptops are loaned for 2 hour intervals. Please note the time you checked the computer out to prevent the accrual of late fees.
- Laptop late fees are 10 cents per minute, $1.00 for every 10 minutes overdue. $25.00 maximum charge per item. There is no grace period for late laptops.
- Laptop renewals are permitted only if no one else is waiting to use a computer.
- Laptop holds are disallowed; we loan first come, first served. Pagers are used to alert waiting patrons of availability. Laptops and pagers are both checked out on a first-come-first-served basis.
Printing & Saving
- Library laptops print to the Penfield Lobby OR the second floor printer.
- Do not save files to the laptop because they are erased with every logoff.
Damage & Loss
- If there's a problem with the laptop, please bring it to the Check-Out & Reserves Desk and we'll see what we can do to help you.
- You are responsible for any damage done to the computer while it is in your possession.
- As stated in your student handbook, theft or mutilation/damage of library materials is a criminal offense and shall be charged under the student conduct code, and may also be prosecuted to the full extent of the law through the New York State criminal courts.