Holds & Recalls
If an item you need is currently checked out to another borrower, you may recall it or place a hold to request that the item be held for you when it is returned.
You may recall any item under the following circumstances:
- If the item has been checked out for 28 days or the item's regular loan period (whichever is shorter).
- If you are a professor who needs the item for course reserve.
- If the item is overdue.
Check-Out & Reserves Desk staff will issue recalls. Items needed for Reserve or classroom use will be recalled immediately.
Fines & Fees
Check the appropriate Borrowing Policies page to learn the penalties for late returns of recalled items. Distance Learners will receive a 3-day grace period on recalls.
You may place a hold on any item that has been checked out but doesn't meet the recall criteria.
To place a hold:
- Locate the item in the library catalog and click the "I want it next" link.
- Login with your Laker NetID and password.
- Check-Out & Reserves Desk staff will notify you when the item is returned, and it will be held for you at the Check-Out & Reserves Desk for 5 working days.