If an item you need is currently checked out to another borrower, library patrons have the option of recalling or placing a hold to request that the item be held for their use when it is returned.
All items are subject to recall under the following circumstances:
- after 28 days or their regular loan period, whichever is shorter
- if needed for course reserve
- if overdue
Items needed for Reserve or classroom use will be recalled immediately.
Check-Out & Reserves Desk staff will issue recalls.
Distance Learners will receive a 3 day grace period on recalls.
Holds may be placed on items in circulation which are requested by another patron but do not meet the recall criteria.
Place a Hold on Material You Need:
- If you find an item in our library catalog that is checked out to another patron, click the "I want it next" link to place a hold.
- Identify yourself with your Laker NetID (or library ID number) and password.
- Check-Out & Reserves Desk staff will notify you when the item is returned, and it will be held for you at the Check-Out & Reserves Desk for five working days.
Fines: Fines for items which have been recalled accrue at the rate of $2.00 per item per day, with a $26.00 per item maximum.
Recall fines apply to all users.